Review of the Cucumber Peel-Off Face Mask

Disclaimer:

  • All products used are my own.
  • All pictures used are my own.
  • All opinions stated are my own.
Today I decided that I was in need for my own spa day, minus the expensive cost of getting a facial done professionally. Instead, I collected the face masks I received for my 18th birthday (see picture below) and decided that I was going to have a Cucumber Peel-Off mask consisting of cucumber, lime and pressed flowers in order to give it a lovely scent when spread on skin that is said to remove the unwanted dirt and grime from your face. In this blog post, I will give my insight to the overall product, including the design, its effect on my skin, pricing, and my honest/personal opinion.

These can be found at the 7th Heaven website or at other retail stores, such as Boots at the affordable price of £1.00.

As always, before I try a product I like to grasp what it is all about. First of all, I believe that anyone can use this product if they are in need of a relaxing day and are looking for an inexpensive way to enjoy themselves, either on your own with calming music playing in the background paired with some ambient candles exposing the most beautiful of scents, or with a group of friends, particularly at sleepovers, where you can each wear your own whist watching a film or baking some scrumptious treats to enjoy afterwards. The appeal to a younger audience is also strengthened by their fun design including bright colours, gorgeous designs and quirky names that makes the product stand out on the shelves compared to other beauty products. Another positive aspect about his product is that it is seasonal, meaning it can be used at any time throughout the year: on a cold winter's night when you want to enjoy a relaxing bath, or on a rainy day. 

Now onto the process of using the product. Whilst the back of the packet gives you a 4-step process which is simple and easy to follow, I decided to show and tell you what I did in order to fully enjoy the benefits of this easy peel mask.

  1. In order to cleanse my skin I used the Skin Therapy Facial Wash for sensitive skin in order to thoroughly clean my face before applying the mask. I find this stage essential because from an artistic point of view, you would not start a brand new painting using a dirty canvas. To apply the cleanser, I submerged the pink flannel into a bowl of warm water to remove the cleanser after I have put it onto my face. To do this, I made sure I applied the product onto damp hands and rubbed it into my face using circular motions. When finished, I retrieved the soaking flannel and made sure to scrub off all the product, then dabbing it dry using a fresh towel. Now my face is all prepped to use the face mask.

2. At the top left hand side of the packet there is a rip in the packaging which allows you to carefully open it. If I'm being honest, in my experience it was very difficult to retrieve all of the product from inside the packet, therefore I had to cut down the side in order to reach at the very bottom. You can either apply the product using you fingers to spread it onto your face, making sure you wash your hands before to ensure you don't rub dirt from your hands onto your face, or use a brush so that it is evenly spread. The product is also very messy and sticky so using a brush would make sure that you don't trace the product around your house. The same applies to your hair; make sure all of it is pinned back using grips, a hair tie or a headband so none of the product gets in your hair. Also, make sure to avoid applying it anywhere near your eyes as it can sting. If this is done accidentally, make sure you wash it immediately.

3. The next stage is simply to RELAX for 20-25 minutes to allow the product to dry. In this time, you can run yourself the cosiest bath, read an adventurous book or watch your favourite film.

4. The final stage is certainly my most favourite. When you have waited for 20-25 minutes to allow it to dry, it is time to peel it off. Remember when you were little and you used to 'accidentally' spread glue all over your hand so that when it dries you can peel it off all in one go? Well, it's exactly like that! Once you have peeled off every last bit of the product, your skin is transformed into a smooth surface with a newly found freshness and cleanliness.

Overall Opinion

I am very pleased that I received these face masks for my birthday and I will be sure to use the other two when I am in need of a refresh. Whilst I would say myself that my skin is so much softer after using this product, I have been complimented on how smooth and shiny it looks as well, showing the benefits of the ingredients of the cucumber peel-off mask. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Summer Sale Haul

5 Ways to Get Inspired to Write

A Brand New Start